REALITICS

It is clear. Politics in these United States of America has lost touch with reality. I am convinced we, you and me, can succeed where others have failed in their attempts to bring some sense of reality into what we call "The Political Process." I call this effort, "REALITICS."

Friday, October 20, 2006

Change

Change
by
Duane Short
October 20, 2006

I feel a breeze a blowin'

winter's comin' on
but this breeze is not a cold one
this breeze is warm as dawn

I see the sun a shinin'
it's full and bright and gold
this sun shines warm upon us
a story to be told

I hear a new day comin'
it's just around the bend
a day where truth takes over
and corruption starts to end

I sense this change among us
where leaders tell no lies
where people expect nothing less
than honest, open eyes

I hope the change is sudden
enough to wake each soul
enough to get attention
of those now in control

the change I see a comin'
is politics you see
but politics that's different
controlled by you and me

no more choosing lesser evils
no more voters staying home
no more wishing things would change
no more nomads left to roam

I smell a rose of sharin'
where winners don't keep all
where fairness is the order
and losers still walk tall

My heart beats ever faster
as time ticks toward the day
when people on the street
regain their rightful say!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home